Traditional, handcoloured clay plasters have been joined by industrially-manufactured high quality clay plasters.Interior design with clay plasters, clay colours and brush renders have gained in popularity. Producing good design solutions requires a broad and detailed knowledge of colour and room design. This includes knowledge of the effects of colours and contrasts, the influence of light, of surface division and accents, as well as options for the treatment of surfaces. From draft stage to completion, plasterers can extend their field of activity in a creative direction, by making or varying mixtures themselves using colour or texture enhancing additives.
To achieve this Unit requires practical skills in the following areas, depending on her/his level. The level reflects more or less knowledge and autonomy :
- Development of an interior design concept using different parameters (varying colour, texture, thickness, surface finishes);
- Work out and produce coloured finish plasters of different intensities, texture and grain size;
- Sample boards and sample wall panels;
- Selection, gauging and sourcing of constituents;
- Execution of decorative surfaces in a room according to the project;
- Work stages, advice to the client, organisation and security;
- Project quality;
ECVET EXAM UNIT D: INTERIOR DESIGN
A unit is defined by a set of knowledge, skills and competence needed to carry out an earth building activity, and a list of criteria and indicators for asssement.
- Knowledge is factual and theoretical, described by a list of topics.
- Skills are cognitive and practical, and are described by a list of actions.
- Competence describes the responsibility, autonomy of a person and its ability to supervise others in a given situation.
- The criteria are designed to assess the skills of each ECVET unit.
- An additional transverse list of criteria applies to method of work, common to all of the units.
Currently assessed for clay plaster techniques only and available for the EQF levels:
L1 L2 L3 L4
- Level 1 is an introductory level for people to discover earth building. They can only work under direct supervision.
- Level 2 does not mean less quality, but more time and instructions. They can work under supervision with some autonomy
- Levels 3 and 4 correspond to autonomous professional work. The difference between level 3 and 4 lies in the organisation and supervision: a level 3 is a person working autonomously but not supervising other workers and not dealing with the whole organisational process of the building site.
Download UNIT D Level 2: Learning outcomes. Criteria and indicators.
Download UNIT D Level 3: Learning outcomes. Criteria and indicators.
Interior Design with ECVET certificate exam, in Mooste manor complex, Estonia (A.D. 2014)
Training site: Mooste manor complex, 64616 Põlva County, Estonia (scroll down to see how to get here)
Language of the workshop: English
Participation fee: 450€
Number of participants: min 8 / max 12
Registration and information: email@example.com +372 56 22 06 66 / +372 56 56 05 04
Accommodation: Mooste Distillery, 2 person in room (25 € night / per person)
The workshop includes: theory, presentation, introduction to materials, practical methods, tools and resources necessary for practical work, coffee/tea, and 3 x meal/per day.
Participants are free to take the results of their experimentations with the materials with them. Any materials necessary for further independent experimentation can be purchased at a discount price set for the participants of the workshops.
We appreciate a good food, so you can expect delicious meals three times in a day. We use a lot of organic ingredients, grown with love in local farms and forests.
DIRECTIONS HOW TO GET MOOSTE AND BACK
Tallinn - Mooste by car
Bus schedule and tickets from Tallinn Coach Station to Tartu Coach Station
Bus schedule and tickets from Tallinn Airport to Tartu Coach Station
Bus schedule and tickets from Tartu Coach Station to Mooste
Bus schedule and tickets from Mooste to Tartu Coach Station
Bus schedule and tickets from Tartu Coach Station to Tallinn Airport
Bus schedule and tickets from Tartu Coach Station to Tallinn Coach Station